Courses that have matched your search criteria
Personal Impact & Effectiveness
Dealing with Difficult People & Negativity
Overview of course
Our Dealing with Difficult People and Negativity course is designed for people who encounter challenging individuals; you know them: the Aggressor, the Whiner, the Over - agreeable, the Silent Pouter, the Negativist and the Know-it-All. Although their numbers are small their impact can be significant. They can frustrate individuals and teams, creating absenteeism, significant loss in productivity and lost clients.
How can you cope effectively with each one? In this workshop you will learn how to recognise each behaviour, why these styles persist in their incompatible ways and how to cope effectively with them. Delegates will complete their own Personal Profile and learn how to use their own personality style effectively with difficult people.
Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who has to interact with difficult people who can cause a disruption to the harmony of the workplace – whether these people be colleagues, supervisors, members of your team or customers.
What will you learn?
On this course we will introduce you to the four main behavioural and communication styles. You will learn how to communicate with people effectively and tailor your response to their style so your message gets across. We will show you how you can change a negative attitude into a constructive one. The skills you will learn on this course will be of benefit to you in all interactions and will help you foster an environment of communication and understanding.
- Words and phrases you can rely on.
- Identify the four major behavioural and communication styles.
- Identify and manage more effectively seven ‘difficult people’ styles.
- Transform negative attitudes into positive ones.
- Deal with and change negativity at work and home.
- Foster communication and teamwork.
- Identify triggers and create coping strategies.
- Become your own positive influence.
- All delegates receive a personal profile.
Who is the trainer?
You may also be interested in?
- Managing Customers' Expectations and Handling Dissatisfaction
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Assertiveness, Self Confidence and Communication
- Communicating with Confidence for Women
- Time Management
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel….
……feel confident that you can communicate with even the most difficult and frustrating individuals in a positive way.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “Really enjoyable and constructive – feeling empowered to make a change”
- “Great course – really helpful for me and I have taken lots on board for going back to the workplace”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Tue 13 November 2018
Venue Compton House (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)