Courses that have matched your search criteria
Essential HR for Managers
Overview of course
'Essential HR for Managers' looks at good practice throughout the employment relationship from appointment to termination, and everything in between. Managers generally rely on the efforts of others to achieve business objectives. Most managers will admit that managing and motivating their people brings the biggest challenge in their daily work.
This course sets out to clarify some of the essential principles that underpin employing and managing people successfully. It is a practical programme based on experience and insight that encourages interaction rather than a classroom study of current employment law requirements.
Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
This course is likely to be of most benefit to those just starting their management career. It will also be of interest to more senior managers in smaller organisations who are increasingly involved in managing people and the wide variety of issues this can bring.
What will you learn?
Starting with the essentials of forming the employment contract and recruiting the right people, the course then works through employee relations, communication and performance management.
It also looks at avoiding common problems, potential areas of dispute and what to do when difficulties arise.
- Essential elements of the employment contract
- The importance of recruitment and induction
- The importance of up-to-date, appropriate policies
- Ensuring effective communication within the workplace
- How to manage absence effectively and empathetically
- The need to set appropriate standards and targets and have key documentation in place
- Terminating employment within legislative guidelines
- Action planning for development and improvement
** This workshop can be booked as a one-off course, or as part of our ILM recognised Effective Team Leadership Programme.
You may also be interested in:
- Supervision Skills
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Time Management
- Finance for non-Financial Managers
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel…
… confident that you can manage a team in a professional way whilst being mindful of employment legislation.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “A very useful course. I have taken away some very interesting ideas which I look forward to putting into practice”
- “A great opportunity to discuss problems I face while managing people - some really helpful suggestions.”
- “Good pace of course and well delivered by a knowledgeable tutor.”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Thu 19 April 2018
Venue Compton House (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)