Courses that have matched your search criteria
Finance & IT
Excel Introduction Plus
Overview of course
Our Excel Introduction Plus course will introduce you to the basic functions of Microsoft Excel. This Excel training course covers the fundamentals including; creating spreadsheets and worksheets, using formulas, customising your view and short cuts. Creation, navigation, presentation and formatting.
You will train on the version of Excel that you use in your office or at home. Our courses are highly practical and interactive. We limit the class size to 8 to ensure the tutor has time to deal with any specific queries you may have. All Open courses take place in our Exeter training suite, we supply laptops for use during the session and your materials will be provided to you on a USB drive.
This course will give you a good overview of how Excel works and how to use it effectively.
We provide training for both PC and Macs. Please contact the office for more details.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to become proficient in the basic commands and use of Microsoft Excel. Those who have little or limited experience of Excel and want to gain a better understanding of this powerful and most popular Microsoft Office application.
What will you learn?
You will learn everything from opening, saving and closing a worksheet in Excel to using Group mode and creating formulae. You will learn how to customise your view of Excel to ensure that your most frequently used functions are at your fingertips. You will learn how to alter the format of your worksheet, create boxes and borders.
- Familiar with ribbons
- Familiar with Quick Access Toolbar
- Open, Close and Save Files
- Navigation, Range Selection, Editing/Erasing Data
- Copy & Paste, Autofill
- Straight Formulae & Use Of Brackets
- Autosum & Built In Functions
- Column & Row Inserting/Deleting, Widths/Heights
- Alignment, Format Cell Contents, Borders, Fill
- Page Layouts & Printing
- File Management
- Working With Relative & Absolute Cell References
- Working With Larger Spreadsheets – Freeze Panes
- Working With Linking Worksheets, Group Mode, Formulae
- Sorting & Filtering
- Find and Replace
- Formatting a Worksheet
- Printing – Page Setup etc
- Insert, Delete and Rename sheets
- Move and Copy sheets
Who is the trainer?
Sue Biggs – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in?
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel……
… confident that you have a basic command of Excel and can competently carry out tasks in Excel.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “A brilliant introduction to how to use Excel - I never knew the programme could do so much! Thank you Sue.”
- “Worthwhile, informative day – thank you so much”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)