Courses that have matched your search criteria
Finance & IT
Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Overview of course
Our Finance for Non-Financial Managers workshop is ideal for managers who want training to have a better understanding of how the financial aspects of an organisation are managed. On this basic accounts course you will learn elementary accounting principles, understand how the balance sheet, profit and loss account and cash flow statements interact.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of basic accounting terminology. We will show you how to use Ratios to gain a better understanding of how a business is fairing financially to help you make financially informed management decisions.
This course takes place at our Exeter training suite, lunch and refreshments throughout the day are provided. Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is in a role where they need to understand how their business is managed financially. This training course is ideal for people who feel baffled by a set of accounts and want to feel more confident when using accounts and gain a basic understand of financial management.
What will you learn?
You will learn accounting terminology. Why certain things are recorded in a set of accounts and why something are sometimes left out. You will learn how to use Ratios to gain a better understanding of a company’s profitability, liquidity, and solvency and understand how these ratios can help you make investment decisions. You will look at the importance of managing working capital and cash flow, budgeting and looking for trends.
- Key jargon and accountancy terminology
- Detailed analysis of items on a Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and Cash Flow Statement
- The relationship between Cash flow, Profit and Loss and balance sheets
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Management information and performance management
- Company finance
- Investment decisions
- Analysing a set of accounts
Who is the trainer?
Vic Williams – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in?
- Excel Introduction Plus
- Excel Intermediate
- Excel Advanced
- Time Management
- The Art of Delegation, Motivation and Empowerment
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel……
……able to navigate your way through a set of account, understand the terminology and be able to spot some indicators of the financial health of a company.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “Very helpful and just what I needed as an introduction to finance.”
- “Very well presented course, made the subject matter interesting and relevant”
- “Overall a great presentation and learnt a lot, definitely have a much better understanding.”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search