Courses that have matched your search criteria
Introduction to People Management
Our Introduction to People Management course will provide you with excellent people management skills - an essential element of becoming an effective manager yet one many new-in-role managers are ill-prepared for. This two day course teaches the basics of good self management and team management skills and tackles areas such as recognising team strengths and delegating as well as learning how to communicate, inspire, motivate and reward. The workshop takes the approach of the co-operative use of power with people rather than over them and the use of Positive reinforcement and managing by walking about (MBWA) to get the best out of people.
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure that our experienced trainer has the time to assist you with any personal complex points that may arise during the day.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for first time managers. You will either be about to begin a new role as manager or will have just started your new role, or you will have been managing a team for a while and need to enhance your skills in order to have more impact in your role. The experienced facilitator will provide real-world scenarios for you to work through and discuss, ensuring that the workshops are fully participative and engaging.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to communicate, delegate and motivate your team effectively in order to achieve your set organisational goals. You’ll know how to employ basic managerial styles, recognise the impact different styles have on different team members and you’ll be able to adapt them to ensure you get the best out of your team in a way that makes them feel inspired and motivated to work with you.
- Management verses Leadership
- Management styles
- Role-modelling Desired Behaviours & Getting Organised
- Filing systems, Planning - Managing your Time
- Presentations and Managing Meetings
- The basics of delegation
- Polishing those Interpersonal Skills
- Managing performance
- Motivating People - Reward and Recognition
- Appraisals - an overview
- Giving & Receiving Feedback and Everyday Performance Handling
- Communicating & Influencing
- Networking & Surviving in Business
- Your Personal ‘To Do’ List
Your Course Tutor
Jon Lavin – Senior Crisp Associate
** This workshop can be booked as a one-off course, or as part of our ILM recognised Effective Team Leadership Programme.
You may also be interested in…
- Mastering People Management
- Advanced Management Programme
- Leading Your Team and Raising the Bar
- Being a Leader
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Managers
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
When you have finished this course you will feel…
…confident in your ability to build and manage a highly driven, focused, efficient team with minimum stress and negativity.
Others like you who have attended this course commented:
- "Excellent course that surpassed my expectations. Great to re-affirm my knowledge, gain new tips and techniques and also hear experiences from other companies and sectors"
- "This course has been a massive help and a huge confidence builder. Already I’ve gone into work and put forward a lot of ideas to push the team forward into the future and everyone seems really enthusiastic and positive about being included in their own development"
- "Brilliant insight into the world of management. Jon made it really easy and enjoyable to learn about this subject"
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Dates 4th and 5th October 2017
Venue Compton House (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)