Courses that have matched your search criteria
Our Presentation Skills workshop will help you overcome the fear of presenting. Sometimes when we try to deliver effective presentations, our natural communication skills and our personality can get lost beneath layers of anxiety, worry and stage fright.
The need to be an expert in the subject and the vast array of presentation materials available all create a heightened sense of expectation which add to the perceived pressure and have an impact on our effective presentation skills. This workshop will help you put things back in perspective so that your presentations become more of a relaxed communication of the information you already know, rather than a confused, stressful outpouring of information which fails to engage your audience.
Delegates are required to bring with them a 5 minute presentation on a subject of their choice to use throughout the day.
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 8 delegates to ensure that our experienced trainer has the time to assist you with any personal complex points that may arise during the day.
Should delegates require a laptop for their presentations, they should bring their own as laptops will not be provided for the course.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who has to stand in front of an audience and deliver a message effectively. If your presentations fill you with fear (you’re not alone!), fail to convey your message or simply do not elicit excitement or interest from your audience then this workshop is for you.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, we aim to have helped you restore your natural public speaking abilities. We’ll assist you in enhancing them with expert techniques so that you can deliver presentations with confidence and energy resulting in an enthusiastic and inspired audience. You’ll learn how to remove the worry that many of us feel before delivering a presentation, structure a clear and concise message and deliver it efficiently and engagingly to restore your own joy in public speaking.
- Your unique speaking style
- Understanding your audience
- Communicating with composure and dealing with the fear of presenting
- Introductions with impact that help both you and your audience
- Creating content with clear direction and structure
- Learning how to create visual aids for your audience
- Delivering with authority
- Speaking tools and techniques that build rapport with your audience
- Powerful conclusions and dealing with questions
Your Course Tutor
Matt Lloyd Smith – Crisp Associate
** This workshop can be booked as a one-off course, or as part of our ILM recognised CPD Essentials Programme.
You may also be interested in…
- Assertiveness, Self-Confidence and Communication
- Communicating with Confidence for Women
- Emotionally Intelligent Selling
- Effective Influencing and Negotiation Skills
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
When you have finished this course you will feel…
...a delight in the challenge of delivering your next presentation in a confident, engaging and informative manner
Other people like you who attended this course commented:
- "Today's training far exceeded my expectations. I have left with so much more additional knowledge"
- "Bill was very engaging and made me feel very comfortable"
- "Very good practical exercises as well as useful theory. I feel a lot more confident about giving presentations. Thank you!"
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Tue 17 July 2018
Venue Compton House (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)