Courses that have matched your search criteria
Sales & Marketing
Writing for Business & Marketing
Overview of course
Do you want to understand the basic rules of writing clear, concise and compelling copy? Whether you write sales copy or marketing content, our copywriting course will give you an overview into creating highly readable and effective copy. This copywriting course doesn’t focus on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques and how to increase traffic to your website. The purpose of this course is to help you to improve your copy and create a clearer, more effective message.
This copywriting workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure that our experienced trainer has the time to assist you with any personal complex points that may arise during the day.
We ask delegates to bring along a short piece of recent copy (no more than 50 – 250 words) to discuss and review during the course. Don’t forget to bring along your own laptop, tablet or notepad to use during the course!
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at anyone who produces copy for both the sales and marketing aspects of copywriting and content communication, for example; newsletters, web content, blogs, mailshots, direct mail, advertisements, sales letters, brochures and social network postings.
What will you learn?
This course will begin by looking at the principles of copywriting and how the writing process can help you to create compelling copy. We’ll examine how our tone of voice and having a clear picture of our audience contributes to creating the right message and helps you to connect directly with them. We’ll also critically examine both good and bad examples of sales and marketing copy. During this hands-on practical course, delegates will have an opportunity to analyse their own copy and see how the editing process can really enhance their writing skills. We’ll also look at some of the different forms of media and the challenges and opportunities they represent. Finally we’ll examine the importance of clear and concise communication and how we need to appeal to the emotions of our audience.
- Analyse the principles of good copywriting
- Learn to write with your audience in mind
- Examine the copywriting process
- Understand the importance of the copywriting brief
- Examine examples of both good and bad copy
- Appreciate the importance of powerful headlines and the first and last sentence
- Recognise the importance of proper punctuation, grammar and accuracy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of writing for different types of media
- Appreciate the vital role of clear and concise communication
- Recognise the importance of the editing and reviewing process
Who is the trainer?
Matt Lloyd Smith – Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in...
- Assertiveness, Self-Confidence and Communication
- The Essential Art of Persuasion and Influence
- Communicating with Confidence for Women
- Essential Art of Persuasion and Influence
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Express your interest in this course by filling in the form below