It is estimated that there are about 9.8 million people in the UK with some form of disability - one in seven of the population. Crisp CPD is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We include the following features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities:
- This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
- This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
- Tab indexes are set such that the content links are presented first in the sequence they appear on the page.
- Links in the content show up as default link colours. They have no behaviours attached to them.
- Navigation items have background changes to highlight links and current page.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- Links to external web sites open up a new browser window where this is supported by the browser otherwise the same browser window is used.
- This web site can be navigated without the use of a mouse.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Content has been separated from visual design and cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout.
- Only relative font sizes, compatible with the user specified "text size" option in visual browsers are used.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.