Coaching: is it right for you and your team?
Do you offer Coaching to your staff?
Coaching works by:
- raising awareness - of an individuals own behaviour and the impact this has on others
- unlocking potential - helping individuals and teams to learn, grow and achieve more
- enhancing performance - in individuals, in teams and in organisations
A Coaching programme is more likely to be successful if:
- There is buy-in, from all parties, to an agreed set of goals determined at the outset
- There is a desire, on the part of the Coachee, for change
- There is mutual trust, respect and openness between the Coach and Coachee
An effective Coach will:
Provide a safe space in which to listen to, question and challenge the Coachee around the areas that have been identified for development
An effective Coach will not:
Give away solutions or direct a Coachee down a set path of change. On the contrary, a good Coach will coax solutions out of the Coachee, the premise being that action, transformation and change begin within and remain under the ownership of the person being coached.
If Coaching is on your agenda for 2016 but you're unsure where to start, please call us for an informal chat on 01392 409 198.
You may also be interested in: