Interviewing & Recruiting - how getting it right can save you time and money
In today’s busy world, it is not always easy to devote enough time to recruitment activities. However, choosing the wrong candidate will cost your organisation thousands of pounds in money, time and lost productivity.
When it comes to adding to your team, it pays to get the recruitment process right first time. Mistakes will be costly, not only in financial terms.
Employing people that are unsuitable for your organisation or for a particular role can lead to high staff turnover, issues with employee morale and significant unnecessary costs.
Recruiting isn’t as simple as just sending out a job advert, there are a number of other important factors to consider. The key to getting it right is careful planning, a clear strategy and a focus on fairness.
To help support businesses in selecting the right people for their organisation, we're introducing a new masterclass to our training calendar;
Who is our new 'Recruitment and Interviewing excellence' course for?
This workshop will support all those involved in the recruitment process; whether their role be creating job adverts, undertaking shortlisting, preparing great interview questions, interviewing candidates or making offers.
What does the course cover?
- Preparation – being ready
- An overview of recruitment legislation
- Shortlisting process
- Best Practice / Competency based recruitment interviewing
- Effective questioning techniques / drilling down
- Making checks and keeping notes
- Scoring candidates
- Submitting offers and negotiating terms
- Putting it all together
This course will steer away from the HR policy type content and focus more on the personal rapport building skills and body language.
It will cover the whole process, not just interviewing but also planning and giving sufficient time to be effective.
It will look at competency-based questions and will include a model to support interviewers in delving further and not just accepting the surface answer.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- have gained a clear understanding of the recruitment process from start to finish
- have a useful awareness of the legislation involved
- be able to plan and prepare for recruitment more effectively
- be able to ensure the right people are involved from the start
- have developed rapport building skills
- have practiced writing great competency based questions
- have learned how to delve further to get more from the interview
The workshop will provide a good mix of relevant theory relating to recruitment techniques and skills and the opportunity to try these out through activities and group discussion. Participants will be more knowledgeable and prepared to support or manage recruitment within their organisation.
To find out more about the course, please click the link below:
Client Story: Find out about our work with JMC Group Limited when they approached us for some tailored 'Recruitment and Interviewing Techniques' training:
You may also be interested in: