New to supervising a team? So are today's delegates...
Today we welcome 12 new and aspiring supervisors into our training room to fine tune their people management skills.
Here they are part way through their one day workshop:
Supervision Skills consistently ranks as one of our most booked open courses - in fact we've had to add more dates to our course schedule next year just to keep up with demand.
Being both one of a team and a supervisor brings unique challenges. Supervisors can feel burdened by conflicting pressures and it can be hard to know when to step away from 'doing' in order to focus on 'managing' and vice versa.
Our Supervision Skills course teaches new and aspiring supervisors techniques to help cope with the demands of the role.
It also looks at:
- Hopes and fears
- Standards of performance
- Effective communication - questioning & listening skills, words, language and body language, assertive behaviour
- Time management - targets, prioritising and planning, time management tools
- The balance of needs - task, team and individual
- The role of a leader
- Styles of management
- The challenge of teamwork
- Motivation - maximising and maintaining input, building a desire for results, a positive team and its links to organisational goals
- Overcoming the barriers to effective delegation
- Feedback - providing recognition, constructive performance management
Led by our expert trainer Val Moulton, our delegates will leave feeling confident in their ability to effectively manage people in a motivational, constructive and assertive way.
If you'd like to come along to one of these courses next year, or know an aspiring supervisor who would benefit from it, the dates for 2018 are as follows:
This course counts as one credit with our Learning Passport scheme, saving you money and helping you maximise your training budget.