The EQ-i 2.0 is a scientifically valid (reliable and verifiable) tool developed by Dr Reuven Bar-On, one of the early proponents of emotional intelligence.
Our 1-2-1 EQi Coaching is provided by trained and accredited coaches (with the ILM, EMCC, ICF or equivalent) who are committed to continuing professional development and receive regular supervision.
The EQ-i tool measures the interaction between a person and the environment they operate in. By assessing a persons emotional intelligence, the need for a targeted development programme can easily be highlighted.
The interesting thing about emotional intelligence is that it can change over time and can be developed - so it's a great tool from which to kick start a programme of self-development - and to refer back to over time to review progress.
Who is EQ-i profiling for?
When it is appropriate, we use the EQi 2.0 profiling tool with individuals looking to improve their performance, their interaction with others and their leadership potential.
It is a highly effective employee development tool which can also be used to improve team performance - raising awareness, addressing deep issues and facilitating movement towards individual and shared goals.
How does it work?
Participants answer 133 questions online and a sophisticated and detailed report is produced allowing a qualified practitioner (often a coach, but not always) to enter into a discussion with the individual.
Fifteen different emotional intelligence competencies are measured, they are as follows:
- Self Perception:
- Self Regard – the ability to look and understand oneself, confidence, self esteem, accepting one’s limitations and possibilities
- Emotional Self Awareness – ability to recognise and understand one’s feelings and emotions, differentiate between them and to know what caused them and why
- Self Actualisation – the ability to realise one’s potential; consistently try to do best, self-satisfied
- Self Expression:
- Emotional Expression – express self easily, constructive expression of emotions, people know where they stand
- Assertiveness – communicating feelings and beliefs openly in a non-destructive way
- Independence – self directed and determined, free from emotional dependency
- Interpersonal Relationships – mutually satisfying relationships, at ease in social interactions, find common ground
- Empathy – appreciating how others feel, understanding, anticipates others reactions
- Social Responsibility – cooperative, gives and contributes to a group
- Decision Making:
- Problem Solving – find solutions when emotions are involved, aware of biases emotions can bring to problem solving
- Reality Testing – objective, tuned into what’s going on, grounded, realistic
- Impulse Control – resist or delay an impulse to act, controlled approach, patient, measured
- Stress Management:
- Flexibility - going with the flow, open to change of views and behaviour, adapting emotions, thoughts and behaviours
- Stress Tolerance – coping with stressful situations; calm in a crisis
- Optimism – positive attitude and outlook on life, see opportunities even in difficult times
The EQ-i report provides a clear, easy to read graph of the scores achieved for each competency and outlines the emotional, social and behavioural impact your scores will have on your work - whilst also providing strategies for action.
The report, coupled with a 1 or 2 hour debrief session with a qualified practitioner forms a solid foundation for personal development.
To discuss undertaking an EQ-i profile with a coaching session for yourself or one of your team, please contact us on 01392 409 198.
We also offer 2 other types of profiling;