Courses that have matched your search criteria
Finance & IT:
Advanced Excel Course (Online)
* Please note that this course is for PC users only, we do not currently offer Excel training for Macs.
Our Excel Advanced course is designed for the experienced user of Excel who wants to examine the more advanced and sophisticated features of Microsoft Excel. The aim of this Excel training course is to develop skills in the higher-level data analysis, formula building, formatting and automation features. Macro building is covered but Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is the subject of a separate course.
You will train on the version of Excel that you use in your office or at home. Our courses are highly practical and interactive. All Open courses take place in our Exeter training suite, we supply laptops for use during the session. We limit the class size to 8 to ensure the tutor has time to deal with any specific queries you may have.
This course will equip you to utilise the advanced functions of Excel and is the highest level of Excel training that we offer as part of our Open training programme – further tuition can be provided, please contact the office for bespoke training details.
Who is it for?
A good knowledge of Excel is required for this programme. Knowledge of spreadsheet design, layout, formatting and automation is necessary. This course is designed for those who want to build on their existing Excel skills and learn the more complicated commands in Excel.
Anyone who has successfully completed our Excel Intermediate course and feels ready to progress their skills will enjoy this workshop.
What will you learn?
You will learn the more advanced functions of Excel enabling you to complete sophisticated tasks in Excel.
- ‘What if’ forecasting using one and two variable data tables and scenarios
- LOOKUP functions, Automatic Outline, using the form tools and scenario manager, excel macros
- Restricting input using protection and data validation
- Goal Seek and Solver analysis
- Importing data into Excel
- Navigation using hyperlinks, command buttons and sheet and range naming
- Various Built In Functions
- Custom Formats
- Data Tables
- Automatic Outline
- Logical And/Ors
- Scenario Manager
- Data Validation
- Data Consolidation
- Macros – Record Only
Who is the trainer?
Sue Biggs – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in?
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel……
…. like an expert in Excel! Well, certainly an extremely competent user of the advanced functions of the programme.
Other people like you who attended this course commented:
- “Very good training session, stopped to help when I was lagging behind. Very relaxing surrounding, lunch was ace, staff even better, very attentive.”
- “Another Excellent course which will be very useful for me using Excel day to day”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search