Courses that have matched your search criteria
Advanced Management Programme
Advanced Management Skills require you, as a manager, to recognise when different behavioural styles should be adopted to suit different situations. This workshop takes the approach of the manager ‘facilitating’ staff, i.e. enabling them to reach their full potential and adopts a focus on the cooperative use of power with people rather than over them. This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure that our experienced trainer has the time to assist you with any personal complex points that may arise during the day.
Who is it for?
This course has been designed for middle and senior managers, or for managers who have already attended one of our other management courses i.e. Supervision Skills, Leading your Team and Raising the Bar or The Art of Delegation, Motivation and Empowerment.
What will you learn?
The Advanced Management Programme will help you determine the most effective management approach for a given situation. Each session introduces the key skills, knowledge and behaviours you’ll need to draw upon to become more effective as a manager.
- How to set and communicate a clear direction
- Understand your personal approach and response to others
- Taking advantage of the co-operative use of power with people rather than over them
- Empower the team to have-a-go, to innovate, to resolve and subsequently to grow
- Provide basic coaching and mentoring skills
- Inspire, motivate and reward
- How to deal effectively with conflict and negativity
- Learn to manage personal job stress
- Recognise the response you create in others and adapt your approach accordingly
- Create a powerful, supportive, stress-free environment for team members to thrive in
Your course tutor
You may also be interested in…
- An Introduction to People Management
- Supervision Skills
- Mastering People Management
- Leading Your Team and Raising the Bar
- The Art of Delegation, Motivation and Empowerment
- Assertiveness, Self Confidence and Communication
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
When you have finished this course you will feel…
...prepared to lead your team using a behavioural approach – with your newly enhanced persuasion, influencing and motivational skills
Other people like you said the following about this course:
- "Very valuable insight to self-evaluation and managing people”
- "This was a truly exceptional course - well worth attending and being a part of"
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search