Courses that have matched your search criteria
Human Resources (HR):
Appraisal Training Course (Online)
This session will focus on the key skills managers and supervisors need for holding productive and positive appraisal or performance review conversations with their employees - these could be any form of review, objective or target setting, development planning, supervision or 1:1 discussion. The same skills are required for both face to face and virtual performance conversations.
The fundamental basis for this session is the belief that when we focus on what is going well, where we are doing our best work and this is valued and appreciated, this in turn encourages and motivates us to do more of the good and great things we do.
This strengths based or ‘Appreciative Inquiry’ approach to performance conversations can shift the nature and impact of the experience away from the traditional form filling and ‘compliance’ style of appraisal systems of old, towards a systematic approach to how these conversations can develop talent and motivating people to perform their best work.
Who is it for?
This session is for anyone in a line management or HR role who has responsibility for holding face to face or virtual performance and/or feedback discussions with employees. It acts both as a skills refresher and reminder of good practice for those with some experience and also as an introduction for those who haven’t conducted formal performance conversations previously.
As it covers the skills and practical experience, it is ideal for anyone who will be conducting performance, objective setting, development planning and/or feedback conversations with employees shortly after the workshop.
If you are intending to implement a new or update an existing performance management system, it will help to clarify what you will need to consider in order to make the process work effectively.
What will you learn?
You will learn about the current thinking and the benefit of a positive, continuous and strengths based approach to performance conversations. You will come away with a better understanding of the key skills for conducting more effective and more frequent performance conversations and how to make the experience engaging and worthwhile.
Moving away from the annual tick box exercise, you'll be able to align performance conversations with wider organisational needs and plans.
- The strategic value of Performance or Appraisal Conversations - why bother?
- An outline of the Appreciative Inquiry or Strengths based approach – and how this can create a more productive and meaningful experience and motivate future performance
- The importance of using our Listening Skills, and the Language and the Questions we ask
- Providing a clear focus for performance through goal setting, targets or objectives
- Using effective performance feedback to recognise positives and strengths whilst also addressing areas for change or improvement
This virtual session runs from 09:30am - 13:00pm, with breaks included.
A note about attending a 'Virtual' training session
This course will be run on the Zoom video conferencing platform.
If you've never used Zoom - or any other video conferencing platform - before don't worry, it's quite straightforward!
Before the session, we'll send you instructions to help you get started. The key thing is to ensure that your video and audio settings are working, which you can test before the session.
All you'll need is a laptop/PC with audio and video capability, a good internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit and share a 'virtual learning space' with us for 3.5 hours.
Book your place
To book this virtual course, click 'Booking Details' below, enter the delegate details and follow the prompts through to the payment page.
Alternatively, email us at email@example.com or call 01392 409 198 with more details and we'll book you on.
Bring this course 'In-House'
If you're interested in running this course exclusively for your team, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01392 409 198 and let's start a conversation. We'd be delighted to help you.
Other virtual courses you might be interested in:
- Thinking Differently
- Managing Virtual Teams
- Managing People Through Change
- Mindfulness and Resilience
- Planning for Post Lockdown - Reintegrating the Team
- Choosing your State and Energy
- Introduction to NLP - Learning How People Tick
- Delivering Customer Excellence
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel...
... that you recognise the individual and companywide benefits of a well-structured and planned appraisal process. You will feel equipped to handle performance reviews in a sensitive and professional way.
Other people like you who attended this course commented:
- “Another excellent session with lots of useful information and good team exercises with useful suggestions and ideas.”
- "I really enjoyed today and I am confident it will help me complete my appraisals and general day to day development of my staff"
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search