Courses that have matched your search criteria
Communicating with Confidence (Bristol)
Overview of the Course
Our Communicating with Confidence course is for people who want to communicate more confidently and persuasively and in a style that is comfortable for you. Are you seen as ‘too nice’ and do you feel that this maybe diminishing the respect you get from others in the workplace?
Or conversely, would you describe yourself as ‘overly assertive’ or even ‘aggressive’ which gives you short term co-operation but long-term resistance?
Do you want to treat others with openness, directness and respect and get the same from them?
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure that our experienced trainer has the time to assist you with any personal complex points which may arise during the workshop.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to communicate more assertively at work. This includes administrative staff through to junior, middle and senior management. Your experienced trainer will identify your behavioural and communication style and in turn you will learn how to best flex your behaviours and communication style to be most effective with your peers.
What will I learn?
This course will focus on the importance of communication skills in the workplace. Whether that be face to face, on the telephone or over email you will explore the impact that verbal, vocal and body language have when communicating via these mediums.
The workshop will aid you in identifying your dominant communication style and then explore the characteristics of your style along with those of your fellow delegates. An emphasis will be put on what constitutes assertive and confident behaviour and you will pick up tips on how to assert yourself and deal with challenging people and situations.
Your trainer will equip you with coping mechanisms and a number of “nuggets” to take away which will give you the confidence and self-belief to communicate more assertively in the workplace.
By the end of this course, you will know how to:
- Be confident and assertive at work to support positive outcomes
- Stay in control, calm and composed during awkward or embarrassing moments and cope more effectively other people’s behaviours
- Identify and eliminate words, gestures and speech patterns that reduce your impact and enhance those that present you in a positive, confident and credible manner
- Express your ideas in ways that positively influence others and support buy-in
- Handle conflict in the workplace with poise and composure to minimise friction and build stronger relationships
- Say no, without feeling guilty or causing resentment, in a way that people will respect and will not take offence to
- Identify and communicate effectively with different communication styles
- Be pro-active overcoming challenges rather than trying to avoid them
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel….
…able to decide what kind of day you have at work rather than letting others decide that for you.
Other people like you who attended a 'Communicating with Confidence' course commented:
- "The course was very interesting, very detailed and covered everything I needed"
- "Very enjoyable course. Looking forward to putting what I've learned into practice"
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search