Courses that have matched your search criteria
Dealing with Difficult People & Negativity (Online)
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more here
Our Dealing with Difficult People and Negativity course is designed for people who encounter challenging individuals; you know them: the Aggressor, the Whiner, the Over - agreeable, the Silent Pouter, the Negativist and the Know-it-All. Although their numbers are small their impact can be significant. They can frustrate individuals and teams, creating absenteeism, significant loss in productivity and lost clients.
How can you cope effectively with each one? In this workshop you will learn how to recognise each behaviour, why these styles persist in their incompatible ways and how to cope effectively with them. Delegates will complete their own Personal Profile and learn how to use their own personality style effectively with difficult people.
Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who has to interact with difficult people who can cause a disruption to the harmony of the workplace – whether these people be colleagues, supervisors, members of your team or customers.
What will you learn?
On this course we will introduce you to the four main behavioural and communication styles. You will learn how to communicate with people effectively and tailor your response to their style so your message gets across. We will show you how you can change a negative attitude into a constructive one. The skills you will learn on this course will be of benefit to you in all interactions and will help you foster an environment of communication and understanding.
- Words and phrases you can rely on
- Identify the four major behavioural and communication styles
- Identify and manage more effectively seven ‘difficult people’ styles
- Transform negative attitudes into positive ones.
- Deal with and change negativity at work and home
- Foster communication and teamwork
- Identify triggers and create coping strategies
- Become your own positive influence
- All delegates receive a personal profile
This virtual session runs from 09:30am - 13:00pm, with breaks included.
This course will be run on the Zoom video conferencing platform.
If you've never used Zoom - or any other video conferencing platform - before don't worry, it's quite straightforward!
Before the session, we'll send you instructions to help you get started. The key thing is to ensure that your video and audio settings are working, which you can test before the session.
All you'll need is a laptop/PC with audio and video capability, a good internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit and share a 'virtual learning space' with us for 3.5 hours.
Who is the trainer?
You may also be interested in:
- Assertiveness, Self Confidence & Communication (Online)
- Assertiveness, Self Confidence & Communication (Face-to-Face)
- Becoming a More Assertive and Confident Woman (Online)
- Time Management (Online)
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel….
... confident that you can communicate with even the most difficult and frustrating individuals in a positive way.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “Really enjoyable and constructive – feeling empowered to make a change”
- “Great course – really helpful for me and I have taken lots on board for going back to the workplace”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Wed 17 November 2021
Venue The Crisp Virtual Classroom (directions)
I would like to book for person
Can't make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates become available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)