Courses that have matched your search criteria
Finance & IT:
Excel Intermediate (Face-to-Face)
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more here
This course runs from 09:30 to 4:30 with lunch and breaks included.
* Please note that this course is for PC users only, we do not currently offer Excel training for Macs.
Our Excel intermediate course is ideal for the reasonably experienced user of Excel who wants to improve their skills when using Microsoft Excel. This Excel training course will develop your knowledge and teach you how to use more complicated functions.
You will train on the version of Excel that you use in your office or at home. Our courses are highly practical and interactive. We limit the class size to 8 to ensure the tutor has time to deal with any specific queries you may have. All Open courses take place in our Exeter training suite, we supply laptops for use during the session and your materials will be provided to you on a USB drive.
This course will build on your existing Excel skills and develop your knowledge to undertake more complicated tasks.
Who is it for?
A proficiency in basic Excel use is assumed. This course is designed for those who want to build on their existing Excel skills and learn the more complicated commands in Excel. This course is ideal for people who have been using Excel, but wish to gain a better understanding of the capabilities of this powerful application.
Anyone who has successfully completed our Excel Introduction Plus and feels ready to progress their skills will enjoy this course.
What will you learn?
You will develop more complex spreadsheets, use more advanced formulae and develop skills in data analysis techniques. You will learn how to work with multiple spreadsheets and how to link other spreadsheet and other workbooks. You will also learn how to link Excel with other Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word.
- Customizing Quick Access Toolbar
- Autofill – Fill By Example & Custom Lists
- Working With Sheets, Links & Group Mode
- Using IF, SUMIF, COUNTIF and other logical functions
- Statistical functions, Rounding
- Logical functions - Nesting, SUMIF & COUNTIF
- Range Names
- Linking to Word & External Workbooks
- Short Cuts
- Pivot Tables
- Database Functions, Multiple Sorts & Filters
- Date Arithmetic
- Conditional Formats
- Lookup Tables
- Manipulating Data
- Formatting and Display techniques
- Sorting and Querying Data
- Protection and Security
Who is the trainer?
Sue Biggs – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in:
- Excel Introduction Plus (Online)
- Excel Introduction Plus (Face-to-Face)
- Finance for non-Finance Managers (Face-to-Face)
Benefits of the course
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
By the end of the session you will feel……
…..that you have expanded your knowledge of Excel and that you are able to undertake more complicated tasks with ease, saving you precious time.
Other people like you who attended this course commented:
- “Great course, Excellent Trainer”
- “A really useful course with lots of Excellent hints and tips”
- “Very informative and useful – really enjoyable too”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Thu 21 July 2022
Venue Pynes Hill, Exeter (directions)
I would like to book for person
Can't make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates become available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)