Courses that have matched your search criteria
Finance & IT:
Excel Introduction Plus (Online)
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more here
This online course runs in 2 sessions over the day. Morning session from 9:30am - 12:00noon; afternoon session from 2:00pm to 4:30pm with breaks included. You will need to be available to attend both.
* Please note that this course is for PC users only, we do not currently offer Excel training for Macs.
Our Excel Introduction Plus course will introduce you to the basic functions of Microsoft Excel. This Excel training course covers the fundamentals including; creating spreadsheets and worksheets, using formulas, customising your view and short cuts. Creation, navigation, presentation and formatting.
You will train on the version of Excel that you use in your office or at home. Our courses are highly practical and interactive. We limit the class size to 8 to ensure the tutor has time to deal with any specific queries you may have. All Open courses take place in our Exeter training suite, we supply laptops for use during the session and your materials will be provided to you on a USB drive.
This course will give you a good overview of how Excel works and how to use it effectively.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to become proficient in the basic commands and use of Microsoft Excel. Those who have little or limited experience of Excel and want to gain a better understanding of this powerful and most popular Microsoft Office application.
What will you learn?
You will learn everything from opening, saving and closing a worksheet in Excel to using Group mode and creating formulae. You will learn how to customise your view of Excel to ensure that your most frequently used functions are at your fingertips. You will learn how to alter the format of your worksheet, create boxes and borders.
- Familiar with ribbons
- Familiar with Quick Access Toolbar
- Open, Close and Save Files
- Navigation, Range Selection, Editing/Erasing Data
- Copy & Paste, Autofill
- Straight Formulae & Use Of Brackets
- Autosum & Built In Functions
- Column & Row Inserting/Deleting, Widths/Heights
- Alignment, Format Cell Contents, Borders, Fill
- Page Layouts & Printing
- File Management
- Working With Relative & Absolute Cell References
- Working With Larger Spreadsheets – Freeze Panes
- Working With Linking Worksheets, Group Mode, Formulae
- Sorting & Filtering
- Find and Replace
- Formatting a Worksheet
- Printing – Page Setup etc
- Insert, Delete and Rename sheets
- Move and Copy sheets
A note about attending a 'Virtual' training session
This course will be run on the Zoom video conferencing platform.
If you've never used Zoom - or any other video conferencing platform - before don't worry, it's quite straightforward!
Before the session, we'll send you instructions to help you get started. The key thing is to ensure that your video and audio settings are working, which you can test before the session.
All you'll need is a laptop/PC with audio and video capability, a good internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit and share a 'virtual learning space' with us.
Who is the trainer?
Sue Biggs – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in:
- Excel Introduction Plus (Face-to-Face)
- Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Finance for non-Finance Managers (Face-to-Face)
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel……
… confident that you have a basic command of Excel and can competently carry out tasks in Excel.
Other people like you who attended this course commented:
- “A brilliant introduction to how to use Excel - I never knew the programme could do so much! Thank you Sue.”
- “Worthwhile, informative day – thank you so much”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Wed 3 November 2021
Venue The Crisp Virtual Classroom (directions)
I would like to book for person
Can't make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates become available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)