Courses that have matched your search criteria
The Essentials of People Management
This one day course is designed to help new managers learn the fundamentals of effective people management. From initial appointment through to exit, new managers are often unsure about how to recruit, induct, motivate and monitor the people in their team. More often than not, new managers will avoid the ‘difficult’ conversations about performance or attendance, through lack of confidence and experience. This course gives practical insights in to how to hold these management conversations.
Who is it for?
Any new managers who need an introduction to the fundamentals of people management.
- The importance of recruitment and induction
- The basics of HR that every manager needs to know
- The skills of an effective manager – listening, questioning and building rapport
- When to coach, when to direct
- Setting objectives and monitoring performance
- Giving feedback
- How to handle difficult conversations, overcome objections and defuse conflict
- Dealing with grievances
- Dealing with leavers professionally
- Your personal action plan
Your course tutor
Other courses you might be interested in:
- Introduction to People Management
- Leading Your Team and Raising the Bar
- Being a Leader
- Coaching Skills for Managers