Courses for Everyone, Leadership & Management
Do you know the difference between efficiency and effectiveness? Have you struggled to make a decision or solve a problem? In all aspects of our life we encounter daily decision-making challenges.
In the workplace, those decisions can have a major effect on the business and if it goes wrong can have serious financial consequences.
This course is designed to help identify the root cause of the problems within the business and to help make the necessary decisions to enable changes to be implemented.
“The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.” Robert Kiyosaki
In this course we give you practical techniques to become a better problem solver and decision maker. We start by discussing the difference between efficiency and effectiveness, then discuss the various types of problem you are likely to encounter and how you might adopt different approaches to solving them. How do you prioritise? How can a team solve problems collectively? These questions and more are answered in this course.
We have also included a thought leadership article by Steven Johnson, author of the book Farsighted: How We Make the Decisions That Matter the Most
· Introduction to problem-solving
· Efficiency and effectiveness
· Managing complicated v complex problems
· Overcoming barriers to problem-solving
· How to grow your problem-solving skills
· How to define the root cause of a problem
· Research and evaluation
· Implementing the best solution
· How effective leaders solve problems
· Solving problems as a team
· Divergent v convergent thinking
· Reframing problems
· Thought leadership article
This course is designed for supervisors, managers, consultants and project managers looking to eliminate problems and make better decisions in order to improve the efficiency of their team.