Courses that have matched your search criteria
Overview of course
Our Supervision Skills workshop is an ideal training course for any Supervisor or team leader who has to manage people but still has to work as part of the team. Managing staff effectively is challenging but it can also be extremely rewarding. Individuals’, teams’ and organisational success come from consistent and effective management.
This course addresses the fundamental elements of how to maximise performance via management skills, looking at motivation and leadership amongst many other topics. It will give the delegates a concrete base, methods and tools to apply proven management practice and achieve high performance and a 'happy' workforce. Happy people = a Happy Business! This course will help you make the behavioural shift from doing to enabling and motivating others to get it done.
Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for managing a team or group of people. This course will help those relatively newly appointed to a supervisory role who want to build their skills in the essentials of people management.
What will you learn?
This course addresses the fundamental knowledge and understanding required when supervising groups or small teams, giving you a sound basis and methods for applying proven management practice.
We will help you to understand how to set and obtain objectives with your team, teach you techniques to motivate and empower your team. You will start to develop your leadership style and learn skills to help you gain the trust and respect of your team.
If you feel swamped by work, have to juggle tasks and feel burdened by conflicting pressures we will teach you some techniques to help you cope with the demands of your role.
- Hopes and fears – expectations for today
- Standards of performance
- Effective communication
- Questioning and listening skills
- Words, language and body language
- Assertive behaviour
- Time management
- Targets, prioritising and planning
- Time management tools
- The balance of needs
- Task, team and individual
- The role of a leader
- Styles of management
- The challenge of teamwork
- Maximising and maintaining input
- Building a desire for results
- A positive team and its links to organisational goals
- Overcoming the barriers to effective delegation
- Providing recognition
- Constructive Performance management
- Questions and answers
Who is the trainer?
Val Moulton – Senior Crisp Associate
** This workshop can be booked as a one-off course, or as part of our ILM recognised Effective Team Leadership Programme.
You may also be interested in?
- Leading Your Team and Raising the Bar
- Time Management
- The Art of Delegation, Motivation and Empowerment
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Intro to People Management
- Mastering People Management
- ILM Level 3 award in Leadership and Management
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel……
……feel confident that you know how to effectively manage people in a motivational, constructive and where necessary assertive way.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “I felt I got a lot from this course; very motivational, adding clarity to things that have been a mystery!”
- “Excellent course with a lot of useful information.”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search
Date Thu 1 November 2018
Venue Compton House (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)