Courses that have matched your search criteria
Mental Health Awareness at Work
A one day course aimed at those supervising or managing staff, to raise awareness of mental health conditions and symptoms and build confidence in supporting those who may be developing or living with a condition.
Who is it for?
Any team leaders, supervisors and managers.
- An introduction to Mental Health - some facts and figures about the number of people diagnosed with mental health conditions and the time and money spent on it
- The Mental Health stigma
- An overview of the most common issues and conditions (stress, depression, suicide, bipolar, schizophrenia)
- Is there a problem here? How to spot the signs of mental health issues
- Stepping in - having the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress - introducing the acronym ALGEE
- Approach, Assess, Assist
- Listen non-judgementally
- Give support
- Encourage help
- Encourage further support
- Supportive interpersonal skills you can adopt
- Further support resources
Who is your trainer?
Simon GoddardDownload a PDF of this course
Date Thu 11 July 2019
Venue Compton House, Exeter (directions)
I would like to book for person
Cannot make these dates? Express an interest in the course and we will let you know when new dates are available
This is also available as an in house course - (for prices please contact us)